American Express is one of the most popular credit card issuers in the world. The company offers a variety of credit cards to its customers with a range of benefits and rewards. If you are an American Express cardholder, you may need to activate your card or renew it at some point. In this blog, we will guide you through the step-by-step process for both scenarios. So, stick to this read to get the ultimate guide to activating your card after performing the American Express login.
Activating an American Express Card
Activating your American Express Card is a straightforward process. You can activate using the official website of American Express or by phone. All you need to do is follow the instructions outlined further.
First, perform the American Express login to your account using your user ID and password.
- Select the ‘Activate a Card’ option from the “Account Services” tab.
- Enter the card details, including the card number, card expiry date, and the 4-digit card ID.
- Verify your identity by providing your personal information such as your name, date of birth, and social security number.
- Confirm the activation of your card, and you are done.
- Call the American Express phone number provided on the card or the company’s website.
- Follow the instructions and select the option to activate your card.
- Provide your card details and personal information as required.
- Verify your identity by answering a few security questions.
And now you can confirm the activation of your card, and you are done.
Renewing an American Express Card
If you want to renew your American Express card, you can do it simply using its official website or via phone. Do the following.
- First, perform the American Express login on the company’s website.
- Select the ‘Account Services’ tab and then select ‘Renew a Card.’
- Choose the card you want to renew and follow the instructions provided.
- Confirm your personal and card details, including the expiry date, and any other necessary information.
- Pay the renewal fee and finalize the process of renewing your card online.
By Phone Renewal:
- Call the American Express phone number provided on the back of your card or the company’s website.
- Follow the instructions and select the option to renew your card.
- Provide the required information, such as your card details and personal information.
- Confirm the renewal fee and pay using your preferred payment method.
- After this, you may complete the process by following the prompted instructions further.
American Express provides state-of-art banking amenities and products which are easily accessible after American Express login. These days, people don’t prefer to keep cash wherever they go so either they prefer to keep cards to transact their funds wherever they are or they used to make online payments.
If you are an American Express user, you also can apply for a debit or a credit card and after getting them you can activate, renew or replace those cards easily with the help of American Express’s official website or via calling on their customer support number. This read is completely crafted to aid you on the same.